Scroll down for track map
Competitor Parking-Important, please read!
Friday, June 7th 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Registration and parking staging at the Hy-Vee. Register, pick up your transponder and be directed to your pit area parking space. Great time to drop into the Hy-Vee for all your weekend food & beverage needs.
Under no circumstance should you park your truck/trailer/tow vehicle without the supervision of the Grand Prix team. You will be led from the Hy-Vee lot by a member of the parking team to your proper pit area. Tow vehicles will need to be disconnected and parked on the far west side of the pit area. Again, the Grand Prix team will direct you. You will have access to the vehicle but we don’t have room to let you stay hooked up. Due to the nature of the circuit, competitors will not be allowed to remove trailers until the conclusion of the races on Sunday.
Friday, June 7th 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Parking at the 12th street entrance. Enter the park off of 12th street and wait for a QGP team member to lead you to your parking spot (please see above notes on parking)..
SATURDAY SPRINTS-8 LAPS, WEIGHT/tire/GEARING
(Saturday Sprints are entered separately from Sunday Championship events)
1. Margay Ignite Senior / 360 min weight / Hoosier R80 / 19/64 (#35 chain)
2. Yamaha Heavy / 360 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 10/60 (#219 chain)
3. Briggs Heavy / 375 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 17/62 (#35 chain)
4. 125cc Shifter Pre-Final / WEIGHTS TBD-Will be published on May 1st after further consideration / Hoosier R55
5. Businessman’s Race - TNT Karts
CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY-12 laps, Weight/Tire/Gearing
1. Briggs Medium / 340 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 19/62 (#35 chain)
2. Yamaha Medium / 340 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 10/60 (#219 chain)
3. Margay Ignite / 360 min weight / Hoosier R80 / 19/63 (#35 chain)
4. Yamaha Masters / 360 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 10/60 (#219 chain)
5. Briggs Heavy / 375 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 17/62 (#35 chain)
6. Vintage Exhibition (10 laps) / Line up by speed / See vintage notes
7. Margay Ignite Masters / 370 min weight / Hoosier R80 / 17/64 (#35 chain)
8. Yamaha Heavy / 360 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 10/60 (#219 chain)
9. Briggs Masters / 375 min weight / Hoosier R60B / 17/62 (#35 chain)
10. 125cc Shifter Final / WEIGHTS TBD-Will be published on May 1st after further consideration / Hoosier R55
1. The race committee reserves the right to combine classes or change the laps in an event.
2. Tire Rules: Hoosier 5” diameter only. TIRE PREP NOT ALLOWED. See compound designation by class. Tires will be marked after qualifying in all classes and those will be the tires that you race on.
3. Camping in the Park is OK but there are no sanitary, water hookups, showers or rest rooms.
4. TRANSPONDERS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL SESSIONS. RENTAL TRANSPONDERS AVAILABLE.
5. STARTING POSITIONS: Saturday Sprints will utilize random draw (pea-pick) grids with the exception of 125cc Shifter. Your Saturday qualifying time will be your grid position for Sunday’s Championship race. 125cc Shifter qualifying times will be used to grid for Saturday’s 125cc Pre-Final. The finishing position in Saturday’s pre-final will be your grid position in Sunday’s Championship Race.
6. All Vintage karts are welcome including twins and 4‐cycle flatheads. VKA guidelines. We will
break up into more classes if the entries exceed 40 entries.
7. The race will be run rain or shine. Rain Tires are open, 5” only.
8. BODYWORK: All 2-cycle & Ignite classes are CIK Bodywork only. All Briggs classes are open bodywork (with the exception of Ignite).
9. REAR BUMPERS: Full width rear bumpers are required in all classes except Vintage. Rear bumper may be CIK plastic style or tubular steel. All tubular steel bumpers must have both horizontal tubes. Bumper must extend to at least the middle of the each rear tire and may not extend beyond the plane created by the outside of each rear wheel. If the race is declared wet and rain tires are used, the rear bumper may extend beyond the plane created by the outside of the rear wheel.
10. GO PROS: Helmet mounted GoPro (or similar) cameras are not allowed.
11. FUEL: Fuel will be checked after qualifying and races.
4-cycle fuel (except Ignite class) is 87 octane WITH ETHANOL purchased at the Hy-Vee gas station across the street from the park (12th & Harrison).
The Ignite Classes will run 87 octane WITHOUT ETHANOL purchased at the Hy-Vee gas station across the street from the park (12th & Harrison).
2-cycle is any race fuel/oil as long as it passes meter zeroed in cyclohexane @ -55.
12. SEATS- All Yamaha, Shifter and Ignite classes: Sprint sit-up style seats only. NO laydown style seats are allowed in these classes.
Insurance: Every driver is expected to have health insurance. Race insurance is supplemental coverage only.
13. NUMBERS: Three digit numbers are allowed, letters are NOT allowed. Number requests will be honored on a first come, first served basis. PLEASE include three choices for numbers when you enter. Your numbers will be confirmed by the event registrar.
SUPPLEMENTAL RULES FOR 4 CYCLES
4-cycle fuel (except Ignite class) is 87 octane WITH ETHANOL purchased at the Hy-Vee gas station across the street from The Park (12th & Harrison).
The Ignite Classes will run 87 octane WITHOUT ETHANOL purchased at the Hy-Vee gas station across the street from The Park (12th & Harrison).
All Briggs motors will use the 2019 Briggs LO 206 rules only.
Ignite classes as per the 2019 Ignite rules, Hoosier R80 tires only, 7.1 rears only in both Senior & Masters.
The tires you qualify on must be the tires you run in the feature.
Body and chassis rules for Briggs classes (except Ignite) are W.K.A. Gold Cup regulations or Cup Karts North America rules, whichever one is more lenient.
NO helmet cams allowed.
Be sure to pre-tech all steering and brake components for safety wires or double nuts at home.
All weights must be painted white.
The official class weights are posted above on this page.
Quincy Business Challenge Race
We provide karts, neck brace, helmet, insurance and all maintenance.
You bring jacket, no open toe shoes, long pants, gloves and prepare to have a great time.
$300 includes the all access pass to the pit area for Saturday and Sunday where you can go and rub elbows with the pros.